Thursday, December 13, 2012

Shout Out: We Weren't Born to Follow

Today's Shout Out goes to one of my best friends, Robyn at:

Robyn, Robbie, or as I like to also call her, Tina, is straight up awesome. She's one of those people who is willing to do anything and everything. Here are some crazy stories that are perfectly Rob:
  • She once led myself and a group of friends through chest high water that was one degree above freezing. The water had just melted from winter's snow seconds before. The words "come on, chop, chop" echoed through the canyon walls as we navigated the stream to find the source.
  • One time we sat in a bush for about 20 minutes while we waited for humans to come find us zombies and kill us. Once they showed up we stormed from our hiding and tagged as many as we could so they would then become zombies and hide in bushes with us.
  • In 2009 we ran one mile every hour for 24 hours. Was it painful? You bet it was. Was it worth it? You bet it was.
  • She and I pulled the greatest prank ever in 2010. We spent three months telling a friend on a mission that we had begun dating which eventually led to our engagement. When we would receive letters from our friend we would gather our ward around and read them all the while laughing hysterically. 
We Weren't Born to Follow is a carefree blog that focuses on the jovial aspects of life. That's how Rob lives her life, carefree and jovial. She can often be found with a slight skip in her step while snapping her fingers. When she is doing this it means that she is happy and excited. If you ever need a good pick me up I would strongly suggest you read her blog. 

This is our fake wedding announcement. Due to home teaching numbers being higher than visiting teaching numbers I got to pick where our reception was to be.



3 comments:

  1. Jason I LOVED this, it cracked me up. Thanks for being so willing to follow me into frigid ice water and helping me to pull the greatest prank of our lives, you're basically the greatest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The ultimate prankster! Whenever I think of Robyn I think of sneaky cinnamon cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best prank ever, you're right. And Robyn, your blog rocks.

    ReplyDelete