Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Akin to a Unicycle

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas spent with family and loved ones. Christmas is one of the best days of the year because you can stuff your gut to a point of explosion and then fall into a deep food coma. Yep there really is nothing better. 

About two years ago my good friend Robbie got a unicycle for Christmas. She had asked for one so it was no surprise to her but to me it seemed like such a random gift. A unicycle is something I would never even think of asking for. I rode said unicycle and couldn't get the hang of it. I had to hold on to someone to make sure that I didn't crack my skull open.

For Christmas this year I received something akin to a unicycle in regards to its randomness. I didn't even ask for this gift but once I saw it I got very excited. Here is a pic of my new Dutch Oven.


My step mom makes really good apple cobbler in our Dutch Ovens and I always request it for my birthday. She got the idea to just buy me a Dutch Oven along with all of the fixings needed to make said cobbler. My goal is to learn some recipes that I can make in my fancy Dutch Oven and then share it with all of you. 

Another surprise that I received for Christmas that made me equally excited was this bad boy.

Mine broke about three months ago and I haven't had the motivation to go play since then. Now that I have a new racquet I'll be out on the courts as often as possible.

3 comments:

  1. My dad has some great dutch oven recipes, also invest in those dutch oven liners, might seem luxurious for camping but cleaning dutch ovens is a giant pain in the tush!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet! I'm so excited to play racquetball!

    ReplyDelete