Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas everyone! Isn't wonderful to have snow on the ground and bright blue skies above? I can't think of any other weather to have on Christmas day.

I made it a goal of mine this year to bring the true spirit of Christmas into my life a bit more this year. I feel that I did a decent job and I found myself thinking more of the Savior and giving then receiving gifts of my own.

Last night I had a new experience that really ushered in the Christ Spirit. My buddy Schyler invited me to participate in a Christmas tradition he has of attending Christmas mass. I'm a huge fan of new experiences so I was like a giddy school boy. We went to The Cathedral of St. Mark on 100 South which is an Episcopalian church. It was a beautiful building and I felt like I was in a very special place. Once the service began the Christmas spirit permeated the room. We spent the next hour and half reciting Bible verses, singing hymns, and praying. My favorite part was when we sang Hark the Herald Angels Sing as the Processional Hymn. The choir and orchestra belted the melody at full blast and I couldn't help but get chills. It was such a great way to welcome Christmas and what it truly means.

My hope is that on this day in which we celebrate the birth of Christ, each of us might remember what He's done for us and what we in turn can do for him.

Merry Christmas.

3 comments:

  1. I've heard the choir there is incredible! I should have invited you to the St Pauls service at 5! My dad did some of the readings nbd

    ReplyDelete
  2. Somehow when I saw your facebook post I KNEW that Schyler had been behind your going to a catholic mass . . . ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Robyn I love ya but Episcopal is not the same as Catholic there's a lot less guilt involved ;)

      Delete