Thursday, December 6, 2012

A Freewrite

Nashville, TN. It's the state capital as well as the second largest city in Tennessee. My boss gave me a list of cities I could possibly visit to receive some purchasing training and Nashvile was one of the options. I decided to pass on Nashville because there just isn't enough there to interest me. Instead I let him know that I'd rather visit the Dallas-Fort Worth area and receive my training there. I have yet to hear back about his decision.

Decisions. Life is full of big decisions that need to be made each and every day. The very first decision I need to make when I wake up is whether to give my dog some water or jump in the shower. Nine times out of ten I jump in the shower and make him wait until I'm finished.

For the last year my dog has had what we call "a drinking problem." He feels the constant urge to drink water. This is the second time he's had this in the last two years and it is quite frustrating. When he went through his first bout we took him to the doctor and she couldn't figure it out. Finally she looked at us and said "I've never diagnosed this before but he probably has psychogenic polydipsia." In other words, he's nuts. He can drink and drink and drink until his little heart is content. We've learned that we need to control it because if we let him go hog wild and crazy he pukes. He really likes the rain now because he can go outside and drink all of the water he wants off the cement. We have to call him in and dry him off with a towel because he ends up soaking wet.

The next decision I make each day is what to eat for breakfast. For the last several weeks I've been eating Mr. Dee's hash browns. Holy smokes are they good and filling. They remind me of McDonald's hash browns and heck do I love them. They sure beat out a bowl of cereal or just plain toast.

Well that's it for today. Have a good one.

2 comments:

  1. heck do I love your posts Jason.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A guy on grey's anatomy once had some disorder or something where he always felt thirsty, even though he really wasn't. He died.

    ReplyDelete