Friday, December 7, 2012

Unable to Close the Deal

I spent yesterday at the Salt Lake City Hilton taking a seminar all about negotiating. I actually get to spend all day there again today and between you and I, I really really like it. Most people hate spending two days listening to an overpriced lecturer discuss a topic that he has spent years of his life researching but I find it really enjoyable. I had the chance to act like a salesman during a role play activity and quickly determined that I should never be in sales. The biggest obstacle I would face in sales would be my ability to close the deal at a price that would really benefit my company. I like being a buyer because I feel like the cards are in my hand more often than not.

My mood tonight (yes I'm writing this the night before) is one where I just want to be blunt and honest but because my blog is public I worry about saying something I shouldn't. I came home from ward visits tonight in a strange mood. I am super excited and high on life because I had an awesome time with the missionaries visiting people in my ward. On the other hand I'm in one of those moods where you want something so badly but its out of your grasp to get it so you feel sort of melancholy. I think I feel this way because I was unable to close the deal with someone straight up awesome a couple months ago. It's OK though, that is how life goes. One day I'll become the master negotiator and convince someone awesome that I'm the way to go and then I'll be able to close the deal for real.

I better get going. I need to determined if I'm going to hire a carpet and tiling firm to remodel my imaginary apartment complex I own. My "A" game needs to be on because if I don't get them at a good price with a good delivery time then the bank is going to be super pissed.

Here is a music video from my #2 girl.


1 comment:

  1. Well, you wouldn't want to close on the WRONG deal anyway. Just keep honing those skills . . . P.S. I like this song

    ReplyDelete