Monday, December 17, 2012

A Blog Post for Anna

I got onto Facebook this evening and saw that I had a notification. I clicked on the the little world with a red "1" aglow and found a message from my good friend Anna. It read and I quote "Dear Jason Steinmann, I am waiting patiently for today's blog...just so you know, it better be good! I'm sick of these cheap music videos!!! Just teasing! Sincerely, Anna."

Dear Anna, this blog is for you.

Who is Anna Beagley Winkley? I like to call her Banana Speagley because it is similar to banana split with a mix of her name. So for the remainder of this post I will refer to her as B.S. (I thought you might like that B.S.)

B.S. is like sister to me. I've known her since 2nd grade when we had Ms. Winnegren. I don't remember much about that time in my life but I remember that we've had good times ever since. We walked to school together on the first day of Junior High so that neither of us had to do it alone and look like losers. In 8th grade we had every class together except for 6th period because Anna played the violin and I did not. In Jr. High we got season passes to Lagoon and went multiple times throughout the summer. I'll never forget that fateful day in 9th grade when she grabbed a yellow sucker that some kid had left and marched it triumphantly back to him. As she returned to my friends and I, we watched the kid's girlfriend scowl like a wild cat ready to pounce.

B.S. is a huge University of Utah fan like myself. She gave me the greatest gift anyone could give other than life itself in September. Picture this: I'm jogging on a very nice fall afternoon around my neighborhood listening to some sweet jogging tunes. All of a sudden my phone begins to rattle. I look down and see that it is none other than B.S. I was in the groove so I questioned answering it thinking that I'd just call her back when I was done. I thought to myself "self, Anna doesn't call to often, you should answer it." I will be forever grateful that I did. On the other end the best question ever asked was asked "would you like to go to a football game tonight?" She wasn't talking about any ol' football game but THE football game. Utah vs. BYU. I jumped on that like crazy and finished my run elated like a little school boy.

B.S. is a great friend. I will be forever grateful for her influence and her friendship. I look forward to what the years have in store.

She had a photo booth at her reception. The reception ranks in the top 5 funnest receptions I've ever been to.

1 comment:

  1. Aw, I love Anna Beagley, she is so stinkin' hilarious. I wish we'd been better friends

    ReplyDelete