Sunday, December 16, 2012

Pants on Sunday!

Hello Blogosphere,

Today was the day. What day was it you might ask? Well it was the day when all of the repressed women within the LDS church were going to break from their chains of male bondage and make a statement by wearing pants to church. I awoke ready to see throngs of women within my LDS singles ward sporting the Hillary Clinton look. You can imagine my utter amazement when I showed up to find not one, not two, but zero women wearing pants. I thought "how could this be? Where are all of the Clintonites? Even the recent convert who has worn pants for weeks is wearing a skirt. HOW COULD THIS BE?"

I wondered around the building like Sherlock Holmes trying to discover the travesty that had occurred. Why weren't the women standing up for themselves? Why were they letting themselves be afflicted with wearing skirts? Maybe they felt weak and timid like they couldn't say something about it. Maybe they didn't want to seem like they were overstepping their boundaries. Whatever the case may have been they were still wearing skirts!!

After three hours of bewilderment I came to the conclusion that the women in my ward actually like wearing skirts. They feel like it sets them apart and makes them attractive. Why would they want to dress like penguins and have a tie be the only change in apparel? They don't.

Women, I think you look good in skirts just like you think us men look good in suits. It's not an equality issue its "a man would look awful in a skirt so please never wear one" issue. I don't know what that means but I like it.

Have a great day.

3 comments:

  1. Please don't ever wear a skirt Jason :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that feminists would find this post offensive. Does that mean I find it offensive? Only slightly ;-P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, no one in my ward wore pants either. I think girls in singles wards are pretty much worried about getting married, and let's face it: No one wants to marry Hilary Clinton

    ReplyDelete