Wednesday, December 19, 2012

One Year as an Adult

Although this post is showing up late in the day I still got it in and done. Hoorah

It was one year ago on Sunday that I graduated from Utah State. Time flies when you are having such a good time. I have decided to dedicate this post to the good times had at Utah State. College was one of those experiences in life that I will be forever grateful for. It was a time to live on my own (without a constant companion) and to have fun nearly every day. Take a seat while I show you some of the best experiences of my college life.

College began in the Spring of 2009. I didn't have too many friends and was quite the loner some weekends but I still had a good time. This is some of my new friends and roommates at Chili's, a place I would frequent.

My fam came up my first semester to see what college life was like. While they were there we cleaned the sink at Angie's. I did this only twice while in Logan. Once you get to the bottom the liquid is 95% saliva and 5% who knows what.

These were the other kids I hung out with my first semester. This is us prepping for our 24-Hour run. This group dwindled down to only four by time we were through.

This super blurry picture is of Chanda, Alicia, and I snow shoeing. The moon was full that night so the headlamp I'm wearing was useless.

I added a picture of the Wind Cave to illustrate that I was a loner by first semester. I hiked this by myself on a nice spring morning. I determined after this hike that I would never hike alone again.

My second semester in the Fall of 2009 was life changing. I moved in with these kids and we became Four T Four. This is our band photo.


This pic and the one above are of our neighbors. We were surrounded by girls. Us guys are idiots for not marrying any of these girls. You don't get as blessed to be around such stellar girls as we did that year.

That year marked our first excursion to Bear Lake. This is actually Bloomington Lake where we rope swinged. My muscles have gotten SO MUCH larger since then.

My roommate and I began "Man Night." We were tired of our neighbors having girls' nights without us so we decided to make them feel left out and crated a man night. This tradition actually lasted throughout my entire college life.

We pulled the best prank ever that year. This was Gus. We would steal our neighbor's keys during the day and sneak in their apartment in the middle of the night and leave this guy on their couch. It did the trick a couple of times and we felt very gratified. 

In 2010 we moved to a new apartment and met these chicks. When you look up "cool" in Websters you'll see both of their faces. I had so many good times with them and still do to this day.

One of those good times was the Krishna Color Festival. I didn't think dance parties could get any more awesome until I went to this.
I chose not to walk because it would have been a huge hassle , plus I'm not done with school, I still have a Master's Degree to get. When that happens I'll walk. College was one of the best experiences of my life and I will be forever grateful for it. As I walked down Old Main for the last time I asked myself what was the greatest experience of college. I determined that meeting incredible people who can teach me more than I ever thought possible was the best experience and one that I will never forget.

4 comments:

  1. You forgot how your awesome non loganese friends drove down for a birthday surprise and a good time was had by all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! The people make all the difference!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i made it onto your grown up blog! even if our faces are blurry. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha! Oh Gus . . . he nearly gave us heart attacks on so many occasions . . .

    ReplyDelete