Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Gilgal

First I apologize if this is a super random post. I saw Skyfall last night and got back a bit late so I didn't have a lot of time to put a ton of thought into today's post.

One of my favorite things to do is to go to new places. When I went to Las Vegas in May one of the highlights was having breakfast at the Cracked Egg. My family thought I was nuts about how awesome I thought it was to eat with the locals. It wasn't so much that we were eating with the locals but that we were in a new place that none of us had ever heard of.

Salt Lake City is full of places where very few people have ventured. One such place is Gilgal Garden. This is a cool spot in downtown Salt Lake where an artist turned his property into a showroom of his sculptures. It's located on 5th south right by the Hostess store. (I'm not sure if the Hostess store is still there however.) Below are some sweet pics.

I believe this has reference to a story in the Old Testament

I have no clue what this is.

This is a self sculpture of the artist

Yep, that is Joseph Smith on a sphinx.

This is David as a lad before beating Goliath

2 comments:

  1. Wow, these are cool! I had never even heard of this before . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. OHH I remember you taking us there... good times good times! Its definitely an interesting place :)

    ReplyDelete